Game day appetizers that just got even better
Everyone knows you can’t have a game day without some amazing appetizers. Today, I’m sharing with you 3 easy appetizers for game day that everyone will absolutely love! These are so easy to make, you’ll be able to whip these up with no time at all. First up, sliders!
An ultimate Game Day must-have
These aren’t just any sliders, they’re BLT Guacamole sliders. Sliders are THE ultimate game day food. You can’t have a game day party without these little guys. Whoever came up with the concept of sliders is a genius. Sometimes, you don’t want a huge burger that you can’t finish. Sliders are the perfect portion size. They’re great for dipping and they look cute on display! See?
These sliders are extra flavorful because they’re topped with guacamole. Everyone loves guacamole! Plus, it’s got some health benefits from the avocados in the guacamole. You can use that as an excuse to eat these and you won’t feel guilty about it! In only a few easy steps, you got your ultimate game day favorites that everyone will love.
- 1lb ground beef
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Cheese slices
- Pickles, optional
- 2 Avocados
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Start cooking the bacon in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2. While bacon is cooking, heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp.
- 3. Season the ground beef with salt & pepper and BBQ sauce and mix well.
- 4. Form the ground beef into medallions and cook in skillet until browned.
- 5. Make the guacamole: Mash 2 avocados in small bowl. Ad red onion, garlic, garlic powder, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 6. Assemble your slider buns. Start with a bed of lettuce. Add the beef. Top with a cheese slide and tomato. Add your bacon then top with the guacamole.
- 7. Enjoy!
Next up, we got Asian BBQ Meatballs!
A party favorite that is sweet and savory
I’m adding a little Asian-American fusion for your game day party. Blending in some Asian flavors into an American favorite is a great way to mix things up. Meatballs are a great appetizer for parties. They’re super simple and quick to make. And they look all fancy when you put them on toothpicks!
For this recipe, I’ve used BBQ, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Hoisin sauce is similar to teriyaki sauce. It’s thick with a sweet and salty taste. Mixing it with some soy sauce and BBQ is gonna make these meatballs taste so good you won’t know what to do. It’s gonna be a flavor party up in yo mouth!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine ground beef with BBQ sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, egg, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper.
- 3. Form beef mixture into balls and place on greased sheet pan.
- 4. Bake for 20 min.
- 5. Brush the meatballs with more hoisin sauce.
- 6. Sprinkle the green onions on top.
- 7. Insert toothpicks into each meatball for easy eating and a cute display.
And our third game day appetizer goes to the Pizza Rolls!
A 3 ingredient recipe that will be gone within minutes
Get excited guys, because this is the easiest recipe ever! Pizza Rolls are perfect for any party. I guarantee that they will be the star of the show. And they only require just 3 ingredients! Yep, you heard me. Just. Three. Ingredients. #MindBlown. If you’ve got pepperoni, mozzarella string cheese and egg roll wraps, you can make these right now!
You definitely want to make a lot of these because these babies will go fast, no doubt about it. The first time I made these were at Heather and Shawn’s house for a party we were having. I can’t remember what the party was for (must be getting old ☹️). But they were pretty popular and went fast.
The next time I made these was at Shawn’s grandmother Geegee’s Christmas party and I made sure we made plenty of them cause Shawn has a big family! We fried these pizza rolls in his family’s fryer to a golden perfection and man were they the bomb. I love the crunchiness of that first bite and then you get into that wonderful bubbly melty cheese in the middle (my favorite part!). I swear, I could eat a whole bucketful of these! Pair them with some marinara or pesto sauce for even more flavor. Your mouth is watering right now, isn’t it? You’re not alone, mine is too!
- 1 pkg of pepperoni slices
- 1 pkg of egg roll wraps
- 1 pkg of mozzarella string cheese
- Marina sauce for dipping
- 1. Lay out the egg roll wraps on a flat surface.
- 2. Place 1 string cheese in the middle of the wrap diagonally.
- 3. Place 3 pepperoni slices on top of the cheese.
- 4. Wet the edges of the egg roll wrap with water. (It will help seal in everything once you roll it)
- 4. Grab opposite diagonal ends of the wrap and fold over on top of the cheese/pepperoni.
- 5. Next, grab the bottom end of the wrap and roll until the wrap is sealed.
- 6. Fry them in a deep fryer or a large pot of oil (around 375 degrees) for 2-3 minutes.
- 7. Transfer them to a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- 8. Serve with marinara sauce.
Try out these game day recipes for your party and let us know who you’re rooting for in the Super Bowl!