A hearty chicken dish full of flavor & spice!
This curry dish will blow your mind! It is soooo flavorful that you’ll keep wanting more. I’ve only had curry a couple times and it was at a local Thai restaurant in Louisville when I was living in Kentucky. Their curry was delicious and one of the best tasting dishes I’ve had. I had no idea curry tasted that good! This dish is more of a fusion of Thai & Greek because of the addition of kalamata and sun-dried tomatoes. These ingredients really give this dish some tangy flavor.
This curry has so many good spices and herbs that really make the dish. Without herbs and spices, everything would taste bland. Thank God for herbs and spices! And let me tell you about the coconut milk. Coconut milk in a can gives this dish the most creamy and rich taste you can ever imagine. Just wait until you taste it!
When my mom and I went to the store, we bought like a gazillion chicken breasts and I thought it would be great to use for a chicken curry dish. I felt like making a hearty chicken dish and haven’t made curry for the parents yet, so why not? My mom isn’t a huge spice fan. She’s very particular of how spicy or hot a dish is and yet, she LOVED this dish so that’s saying something! So if you know someone who isn’t big on spice but you want something that is big on flavor and is hearty, this is it!
Just look at that rich red color! You know it’s gonna taste amazing!
- 1 lb chicken, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- 1/8 nutmeg
- 1/4 cinnamon
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 14.5 oz tomato sauce
- 8 oz Kalamata olives
- 8 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1. Add tbsp of oil to skillet. Add chopped chicken and cook over medium-high heat. Once chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2. In same skillet, add a little bit of oil and add onion and red pepper. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Add sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, tomato sauce, chicken stock, coconut milk, red curry paste and greek yogurt. Bring to boil.
- 4. Add all the spices, herbs and grated ginger.
- 5. Add the cooked chicken. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 5. Add the heavy cream and continue to simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Add cornstarch, if necessary, to thicken up the sauce.
- 6. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!