A little slice of heaven for the morning
I know you’re already excited just by reading that title. Yummmm a million times over. This will be your favorite coffee cake recipe for the rest of your life. Whenever cream cheese is involved you know it’s gonna be good.
This recipe is perfect for a ladies get together. I found this cream cheese coffee cake recipe over at Just Baked. I actually made this for a women’s brunch for our church that my mom and I went to. The coffee cake was a hit. I think that was like 3 or 4 years ago. I can’t believe I haven’t made it again since then!
Don’t get me wrong, regular coffee cake is great and all but when you add cream cheese to it? It takes it to a whole other level. It is so rich and delicious that you probably will have a hard time finishing one small portion. It’s like a little slice of heaven!
This will go great with a nice cup of coffee. You can’t have coffee cake without the coffee! It’s a crime, don’t do it. Or I will find you….just kidding :). If you want to be adventurous or just try something new, pair it with my Espresso Cream Iced Coffee. You know you want to!
When you take your first bite, it will feel like you’re floating away from all your problems. It’s just you and the coffee cake. Nothing can go wrong…
Whether you have a brunch to go to or just want a little treat for breakfast, whip up this sweet treat to start your day off right. Cream cheese coffee cake will be the answer to all your problems.
- Two 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Start making the filling: Using a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla on medium-low speed in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Make the cake: In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar on medium-low speed. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract. Slowly pour in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream until it is fully combined.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the prepared cake pan with a spatula. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly on top and top with remaining cake batter. Swirl the batter with a knife.
- Now make the topping: Add sugar, flour and chilled butter in a small bowl. Stir using a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the streusel on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and milk until creamy.
- Drizzle over cake and have yourself a slice of heaven! 🙂