A decadent chocolate fix
Hey guys! I know it’s been a while since we lasted posted a recipe. I’ve just been super busy with work and planning my sister’s wedding. But I am SO glad it’s the weekend and I got a delicious recipe to share with you today! Since it’s been a crazy several weeks, I thought it would be fitting to share something sweet and chocolatey. Chocolate can make anything better, no matter what.
Do you ever feel like you just need a chocolate fix? You absolutely have to have something sweet and chocolatey? I get that all the time! And after all the craziness these past few weeks, I definitely needed something chocolate ASAP. I was scrolling through Pinterest, just looking through all those amazing desserts and I started feeling hungry. I should’ve known better. Pinterest will do that to you! If you are in desperate need of a chocolate fix like me, you’re in for a real treat!
I decided on making cupcakes because I hadn’t made them in a while. I need to make cupcakes more often! Who doesn’t love chocolate cupcakes?
For this recipe, I used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa to give them that intense dark chocolate taste. Yummmmmm. I love opening up some Hershey’s cocoa powder and basking in the smell of that chocolatey deliciousness. I can even smell it right now, even though I’m stuck in a cubicle at the moment.
These cupcakes were so moist, they were out of this world! My new favorite. They were exactly what I needed to satisfy my chocolate craving.
Don’t those look sinfully delicious?
This cupcake recipe is adapted from the food blog Self-Proclaimed Foodie. When I saw that this recipe uses strong coffee, I was like #YASSSSSSS. Starbucks espresso and dark chocolate is a match made in heaven. Irresistible!
When you take that first bite, it’s the moistest cupcake you will ever have. They’re soooo rich, you’ll probably feel a little guilty after eating one. But who cares? You deserve one!
And the Buttercream frosting? *sigh*
Don’t even ask me how much sugar is in there. It’s so sweet and creamy, that’s all you need to know. If you’re in desperate need of some chocolate, these cupcakes will be the only thing you need.
- 1/2 cup hot strong coffee
- 1/2 cup Hershey's unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar & chocolate sprinkles (for topping)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tin and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the hot coffee with the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Using a mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add half of the milk mixture to the flour and mix for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the remaining milk mixture and add to the batter and mix well.
- Distribute the batter evenly to the muffin cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and bake for another 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- As the cupcakes cool, make the frosting!
- Beat together the butter and vanilla.
- Add in the powdered sugar 1/2cup at a time, mixing until fully combined after each addition.
- While mixing, add in the milk or heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- Continue to beat for 2-3 minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- When cupcakes have cooled, use a piping bag to add the frosting to the cupcakes.
- Top with sugar and chocolate sprinkles!