It’s Birthday cake time!!!! #YAYYYYYY!!!
I can’t believe my sister and I are turning 29! TWENTY-NINE years we’ve been on this earth. Just doesn’t seem possible! I like to pretend I’m only 19. Thank you Jesus that my sister and I look really young for our age! I’ve realized as I’ve gotten older, the years seems to go by faster each time. I’m learning to enjoy the little things in life (like this birthday cake) and just live life to the fullest. Go out and do your own thing that makes you happy. Travel and see the world, meet new people and add new experiences in your journeys. You only get one life, so why not enjoy it (with this cake)?
Look how bright and fun and PINK it is!
I am so excited for this cake! It is so fun and bright, I just love it! I’ve actually never made a Funfetti cake before but it should be easy, right? Usually for our birthday, our mom would go out and buy a cake from Baskin Robbins. I just love their ice cream cakes; those are the best! But this year, I’ve decided to make my own birthday cake (while my mom helps :)). The pink candy melts just make the cake, too! Makes the cake look super fancy and makes it look like it took you hours to make!
Now, my cake didn’t turn out like a professionals LOL but it is baked with love!
Baking with your loved ones on your birthday always creates wonderful memories. I know when I bake with my sister, we enjoy it a lot more than when you’re just by yourself. Food always brings family and friends together. It’s like a special bonding time with your favorite people 🙂
I love making layer cakes because there’s something sophisticated about them. Plus, you get more cake with multiple layers than if you just make one, which makes layer cakes perfect for entertaining guests. Everyone loves cake!
So with this recipe, I hope you make someone’s birthday a great one to remember!
PS: You can always have your cake and eat it, too 😉
xoxo The Twins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp butter flavoring
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup rainbow jimmies
- 1½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup dry white cake mix
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp rainbow jimmies
- 1 package pink candy melts
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two 8-inch or three 6-inch cake pans with parchment paper. Spray pans and parchment with cooking spray.
- Whisk together four, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter on medium-high speed with an electric mixer or stand mixer. Add sugar and mix until fluffy
- Add egg whites, vanilla, and butter flavoring and mix well.
- Add half of flour mixture and half of milk to sugar mixture. Mix until ingredients are just combined. Add the rest of the flour mixture and milk and mix until combined.
- Stir in rainbow sprinkles, stirring as little as possible to prevent the colors from bleeding.
- Divide batter among cake pans evenly and bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Let cakes cool completely.
- Cream the butter on medium high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the cake mix, milk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add half of powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Spread the frosting between layers of the cake.
- Add sprinkles to the rest of the frosting and spread around the outside of the cake.
- Optional: Reserve about a cup of frosting to pipe swirls on top of the cake.
- Add pink candy melts and heavy cream to a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir continuously until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Use a piping bag or squeeze bottle to add the drips around the edges of the cake and spread more over the top of the cake!
- Appreciate how pretty it looks and then EAT!